Why are we different?
Smith Power Finance unlocks your capital so you can invest in your business.
No matter which asset you purchase from the Smith Group, we have a finance solution for you and we are able to offer flexible finance terms structured to meet your needs.
Why choose us to finance your equipment?
- Competitive and flexible payment periods and structures
- Access to a dedicated finance specialist who understands your business
- Smith Finance is able to offer an answer on your finance application quickly and quicker than the normal commercial banks
- Financing with Smith Finance doesn’t impact your existing commercial banking credit lines thereby providing you with additional facilities
- If you are trading in or selling an existing asset, we can arrange finance for the buyer
Our finance solutions consist of the following:
- Operating Rental – Is off-balance sheet funding where there is no depreciation to write off, the full periodic rentals are tax deductible and the interest is calculated on the capital amount excluding VAT. There is no ownership of the asset at the end of the period and you only pay for the use and enjoyment of the asset. Ownership, however, can be negotiated at the end of the contract at a reasonable cost.
- Installment Sale – This is where ownership is automatically transferred to you once the final installment has been made. This solution is treated as on balance sheet funding and depreciation can be written off. Interest is charged on the full capital amount including VAT.
- Sale and Leaseback – If you have purchased your Smith asset for cash recently, this solution allows you sell your fixed asset back to us and this is then rented back over the remaining lifespan. This enables your company to still have the use and enjoyment of the asset whilst at the same time freeing up the cash needed for your company operations.
Smith Power Finance in Alliance with Merchant West (Pty) Ltd
Merchant West (Pty) Ltd Registration Number: 2000/012050/07 is an Authorised Financial Services and Credit Provider. (FSP:7042) (NCRCP4298)
Merchant West (Pty) Ltd and its directors, officers and employees shall not be responsible and disclaims all liability for any loss, damage (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) and/or expense of any nature whatsoever, which may be suffered as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to the use of, or reliance upon any information, links or service provided through this website.
Finance is available to businesses within the Republic of South Africa. Terms and conditions apply.
For more information contact:
Keleigh Hendricks (firstname.lastname@example.org)
+27 11 305 9400 | +27 83 707 1353