We’re looking for individuals to join our team!
SALES EXECUTIVE / PROFESSIONAL
Start date: 01 September 2018 or earlier
Salary: A market-related remuneration package, commensurate with experience
Summary of the role
As a Sales Executive / Professional at Smith Power Equipment, you will be joining a well-established company representing world-wide leading brands in a diverse range of specialist industry sectors with a large footprint across South Africa. The Sales Executive / Professional will be responsible for growing market share and achieve maximum sales penetration across the full line of products and services of Smith Power Equipment. The role will also involve directly engaging with clients and dealers while becoming a knowledgeable partner to provide innovative solutions that fully caters to their unique needs. Having a proven track record in driving sales through new business development and account management in a B2B environment is a must. In addition, a good understanding of the related fields and industry is necessary to be successful in the role. The ideal candidate would display an exceptional level of self-management, commitment and ambition to succeed at Smith Power Equipment.
- Develop and generate new sales opportunities through prospecting and networking which would include qualifying leads through calls, referrals and trade shows
- Drive sales and profitability through regular customer engagement which will involve some local travelling
- Establish trusted relationships through diagnostic and consultative selling to understand the needs of the prospect and existing clients to ensure customer satisfaction and return on investment from Smith Power Equipment products and solutions
- Remain abreast with industry and market trends and conduct research into prospective and current client base to identify opportunities
- Engage in continuous learning and research to enhance knowledge and understanding of Smith Power Equipment products, solutions and the markets we operate in
- Consistently track, manage and monitor customer interactions and data to improve customer satisfaction and retention
In addition to providing the successful Sales Executive / Professional with the opportunity to advance your career as well as to grow and develop with a company that is the sole distributor of international leading brands in a variety of different industries, Smith Power Equipment offers the following benefits:
- Highly rewarding compensation and incentive structure
- Extensive internal training programs
- Health insurance and pension fund contributions
- Company car and cell phone
- A post matric qualification in a relevant field
- 7 – 10 years’ experience with a proven sales track record
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a consultative B2B sales environment
- New business development experience
- Account management experience
- Intermediate proficiency level in MS Office programmes including Excel; Word; Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Fully bilingual
Smith Power Equipment is the sole importer and distributor in South Africa of several global industry leading brands such as Kubota, Kipor, Toro, ClubCar, Polaris and Linhai. As a company, we pride ourselves on offering a wide range of the best-rated products in terms of quality, efficiency and reliability. Join an experienced, highly motivated and dynamic sales team who are committed to making a difference in the lives of their clients by providing innovative solutions that truly meets their needs. For more information on our company, visit our website at https://smithpower.co.za/
How to apply
Complete the Pre-Interview Assignment
You are required to submit the following pre-interview assignment:
- A motivational letter outlining why are you an ideal candidate for the position advertised at Smith Power Equipment?
- Please indicate your average target attainment for the last 12 months.
- Please indicate your average commission earned for the past three months.
- What is your earning aspiration at Smith Power Equipment?
- Please submit your fully detailed CV, together with the pre-interview assignment listed above to email@example.com
- CV deadline is strictly Friday, 27 July 2018 at 17h00. No late applications will be considered
- Should you not hear from us within one week of the closing date for this position, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.